Monday, February 10, 2014

Crockpot Day 5 - Black-Eyed Pea Stew


Isn't there some kind of superstition about eating black-eyed peas on New Year's and it brings you money? Does it still count if I eat them in February? Let's hope I'm not a month too late. I consider it lucky when 1) I can just toss everything into a slow cooker and dinner is ready when my husband comes home and 2) my baby likes what I make. So in a sense these black-eyed peas were very lucky.



Black-Eyed Pea Stew

  • 1 bag black-eyed peas
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 can green chilies
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1/8 tsp liquid smoke *optional
  • Veggie broth
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Wash and sort the peas. Place all ingredients in the Crockpot with enough veggie broth to cover. Cook 8 hours. Check liquid level often and add more broth if the stew is too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment