Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Popsicle Sticks Puzzle



I have a bad addiction to Pinterest followed closely by the dollar store. If only I could get fabric there, I might never leave.

Luckily Pinterest and the dollar store go together. Especially when it comes to the kids section. There are so many creative ideas for toys and activities. One really quick and inexpensive craft is popsicle stick puzzles. I found a set of alphabet cards (of course, dollar store) that would make great puzzles.



You need:
Popsicle sticks
Any smallish picture for the actual puzzle
Mod podge
Sponge paint brush
Clear contact paper
X-acto knife
Tape


Cut the clear contact paper and stick to the top of your picture. I thought that this would make the image hold up better considering the sticky toddler fingers that will be handling them.

Use a piece of tape to keep the sticks from sliding around.

Mod podge the whole back of the picture and adhere to the popsicle sticks.

Once dry, use an x-acto knife between the sticks.


I've done lots of these with the alphabet cards and individually rubber banded them together. Although, when I need a mommy break, I see me dumping out many puzzles at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment