Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Festive White Chocolate Tart

I was at Ikea and came across a tart pan. Picking it up in my hands I immediately had Martha Stewart-like visions of fresh tomato tarts. I had to have that dish since the tomatoes in my mom's garden were coming in. It has sat in my kitchen cabinet collecting dust ever since.

Fast forward 5 years and I decided to use it for a Forth of July BBQ at my house. I loved the flag cakes on Pintrest but couldn't quite find the exact recipe to use. I finally settled on a modified white chocolate pie from Pillsbury. It was AMAZING!

White Chocolate Berry Tart



  • 2 refrigerated pie crusts (or one depending on your tart pan size)
  • 4 oz white chocolate
  • 3 Tbs milk
  • 5 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 Cup powdered sugar
  • 1 Cup whipping cream
  • Berries
Make pie crust as directed, cool completely.

Microwave the white chocolate and milk until almost melted. Stir mixture until completely melted and blended. Cool to room temperature.

While the chocolate is cooling, beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Set aside.
Whip the cream (it works the best to put a metal bowl with the beaters in the freezer for 20 min before whipping the cream).

Mix the white chocolate and cream cheese together. Fold in the whipped cream. Pour into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Arrange berries as desired.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment