Friday, July 26, 2013

Peach Cobbler




We moved into a house last year with a peach tree in the yard. I was so excited to taste my first fresh peach and EW they were dry and tasteless. It could be because I didn't water the tree (disclaimer: you will never see a post about what a great gardener I am). This year is different, mostly because my husband took over watering, but the peaches are great! With more fruit then one family can eat, I decided to make peach cobbler.


I looked around online for a good recipe. The Paula Deen recipe seems to be the most popular but she uses two sticks of butter where most others use one. Two sticks?? C'mon Paula!

I finally tweaked one that came out great. I'm on batch number two already.

Peach Cobbler
  • 3/4 stick butter
  • 1 Cup flour
  • 2 Cups sugar, divided
  • 1 Tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 Cup milk
  • 4 Cups fresh peaches
  • Squeeze of lemon juice
  • Pinch of salt
  • Generous sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375. Slice up butter and melt in a 13x9 pan in the oven (I've used two different sized pans and the 13x9 was much better because the cobbler part was taller).

Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice; add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter (do not stir).


Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter (do not stir).

 Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown

It's best served warm, with ice cream. Well everything is better served with ice cream. If your house is anything like mine, it might not last one night.



No comments:

Post a Comment