Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chocolate Sauce


Pregnancy is over but I have a residual sweet tooth that I can't get rid of and it hits every night. At any given time you can find ingredients to make cookies, cake or other tasty treats hidden in my cupboard. Last night I was all about the ice cream in the freezer but the plain old vanilla needed something a little extra. Then I realized I had the ingredients for chocolate sauce.




This recipe is nice because I didn't need any milk or whipping cream (seriously who keeps a pint of cream in their fridge at all times?)




Ingredients:

  • 1/2 Cup cocoa 
  • 1 Cup sugar
  • 1 Cup water
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Pinch of salt



Whisk together all of the dry ingredients. Stir in the water and mix well. Heat to a boil. BE careful, once boiling the chocolate mixture gets puffy really fast and can boil over easily.


Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring constantly so that it doesn't burn. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. So far I've used it on my ice cream, in a milkshake and chocolate milk. All were so good.


Now go eat something chocolate-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment