Friday, February 28, 2014

Dehydrated Bell Peppers


I thought I would spice up this post with some funny facts about bell peppers. However out of the 1.4 million results they were all nutritional or historical in nature. So basically bell peppers: not funny.

They are, however, full of water. Never is this more obvious then when you dehydrate them. Three bell peppers shrunk up to less than a cup of dried pepper pieces.



They also were SUPER crunchy. I tried to crush them up in my food processor but it only chopped some of them. If you plan on dehydrating and crushing the peppers, you would probably need a spice grinder.

I cut the peppers into 1 inch pieces then dried them for about 8 hours. After (kinda) crushing them I made a seasoning mix with cumin, onion, garlic powder and salt. If you are using these peppers as seasoning, make sure you are allowing them to soften in the cooking process because of the crunchy texture.

Happy dehydrating!

1 comment:

  1. Dehydrated bell pepper is an essential one in cooking and stored in dehydrated is best way of keeping . Get quotation on dehydrated red bell peeper in mevive

    ReplyDelete