Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halloween Porch



Now that Fall has officially arrived, with it comes HALLOWEEN. This is a bit more exciting since it is the first time I have a little one around. Even though he's not going to remember this one, I'm starting early with holiday traditions and decorating for Halloween with be one of them.



This year I raided the dollar store for some great ideas. I got several of the "creepy cloth" decorations and draped them around the entryway. I also picked up the bird that is perched on the brick ledge and plastic hand (see below). As a side note that little black bird startled my husband which I nearly fell on the floor laughing about.

This door hanger is black foam that I cut out and stuck onto a red ribbon. I originally had it hanging from the wreath (tutorial to come!) but it covered my mail slot and figured the mail person would not appreciate it.


I placed the plastic dollar store hand in a planter that already had dirt and rock in it and covered it with moss.




I would like to say that I scuffed up and dirtied the porch to make it more halloween-y but let's be honest, the dirt and grime was already there.

Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment